Sunday, June 7, 2015

Disidentification Exercise

Disidentification Exercise

This is to help you let go of your small selves and discover your true self, which is not the mind's ego and subpersonalities but is behind the workings of the mind: an observer, a witness. The true self is all about love. In the mirror, early in the day, look deep into your eyes and indicate:

"I have many emotions, and I am not my emotions."
"I have many thoughts, and I am not my thoughts."
"I have many memories, and I am not my memories."
"I have many accomplishments, and I am not my accomplishments."
"I have many possessions, and I am not my possessions."
"I have a job, and I am not my job."
"I have habits and things I do often, and I am not those things."
"I have beliefs, and I am not my beliefs."
"I have my nationality, and I am not my nationality."
"I have my race and culture, and I am not my race and culture."
"I have a family and friends, and I am not those people."
"I have a body, and I am not my body."
"I have feelings, and I am not my feelings."
"I have a mind, and I am not my mind."
"I am a pure center of awareness and choice."
"I am not the things that I have, yet I can choose to connect and be one with all of them."
"I create my experience."

In the mirror, look deep into your eyes and say repeatedly (and truly mean):
"I accept myself, as I am, right now..."

Embrace yourself with loving compassion. Accept and be one with all your feelings and inner knowing, and be grateful for all that they teach you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment